The Smart Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio deliver a great typing experience on a full-size keyboard. They both use the Smart Connector to transfer data to your iPad and power to the keyboards. No batteries or charging are required—just attach and start typing. And when you’re done, the Smart Keyboard folds to create a slim, lightweight cover, and the Smart Keyboard Folio offers front and back protection.
The Smart Keyboard Folio also supports two viewing angles—one that’s great on your desk, and one that’s great on your lap. And it’s designed so you can attach Apple Pencil magnetically to the side of iPad Pro for easy storage and charging.
Policies & plans
• Enjoy a full-size keyboard for a comfortable typing experience
• Custom-woven fabric creates a responsive key feel for accurate typing and protects against stains and spills
• iPad wakes or sleeps when you open or close your Smart Keyboard or Smart Keyboard Folio, so you can get right to whatever you need to do
• When not in use, they serve as a cover for your iPad—the Smart Keyboard folds into a slim, light weight cover and the Smart Keyboard Folio offers front and back protection
Do more with iPad Pro
• Smart Keyboard Folio is designed specifically to match the size of iPad Pro (both 11-inch and 12.9-inch models)
• It attaches magnetically to the back of iPad Pro and protects both the front and back when you’re on the go
• Smart Keyboard Folio supports two viewing angles—one that’s great when you’re sitting at a desk, and one for when you have iPad Pro on your lap
Easy to use
•The Smart Connector allows the Smart Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio to send data to your iPad and your iPad sends power to the keyboard, so it doesn’t need to be paired, plugged in, or charged
• Use familiar keyboard shortcuts like bold, italicize, underline, and copy and paste—just press and hold the Command key to see shortcuts in any app that supports them
• Use the on-screen Shortcut Bar to bold, italicize, underline, and copy and paste with just a few taps
• iPadOS includes 30 additional Safari keyboard shortcuts, like Command-+ to zoom, Command-I to email a web page, and Command-Up Arrow-N to open a new Private tab